350 River Run Dr., Myrtle Beach
Moving Tips – The Essentials & Packing
MOVING 101 – the most helpful tips for moving
*** THE ESSENTIALS ***
Must be addressed in Advance
- Research and hire a mover 6 weeks before the move date.
- Fill out a “change of address” form at your local post office 2-3 weeks prior.
- Notify your utility companies to disconnect services at your old home the day After your move.
- Call and arrange for a locksmith to have your new home re-keyed on moving day.
- If necessary request services of a cleaning company to clean the home and carpets a few days prior to your arrival.
- Have records transferred to new schools if you have children.
- Change your address with creditors and financial institutions.
- Research Cable, internet, and phone providers in the new area and set appointments for service installations.
- Order new checks in advance with your change of address.
- Fill and transfer any medical prescriptions a week before moving.
- Make sure to withdraw some cash in the event of unexpected expenses during your move.
- If you bank with a Regional bank and moving out of town, you will need to open an account with a new bank.
- Unplug and defrost your refrigerator 1-2 days before packing it into the moving truck.
- Empty all gas and oil from lawn mowers and/or weed eaters to be moved.
- Back up all computers
*** PACKING TO MOVE ***
Best tips to make sure your valuables arrive, unpack in good condition and remain organized.
- Use the Right Size Boxes.
Pack heavy items like books in small boxes, and light items like linens in larger boxes. This not only aides the movers, but will also be less likely to break.
- Put heavier items on the bottom of boxes; Lighter items on top.
If you are packing the truck yourself, pack heavier items first towards the front of the truck for balance.
- Do Not leave empty spaces in the boxes.
Fill in any gaps with towels, linens or packing paper to avoid damage to items in you box.
- Avoid packing items from separate rooms in the same box.
This will make packing a lot quicker and unpacking much easier.
- Label your boxes for the Room it is Destined for And Contents.
This will assist movers to know where every box belongs. Numbering Each Box and keeping an inventory list in a notebook is a great way to keep a record of what was packed.
- Tape Boxes Well.
Use some tape at the top and bottom seams and wrap also make a few wraps all the way around the top and bottom edges where pressure will be concentrated.
- Bundle Breakables (of course)
Pack your dishes with packing or newspaper around each one in groups of five or six and pack dishes on their side; Never flat. Cups and bowls can be placed inside one another with paper in between and wrapped around.
- Consider Items that will need special treatment.
Movers tend to treat TV’s as any other piece of furniture. If you do not have the original box, double box the TV and pad with packing paper.
Ace Realty is dedicated to helping make every part of your Real Estate experience a smooth process! Contact one of Ace Realty’s Real Estate Experts if you need assistance.
MYRTLE BEACH REAL ESTATE
6001 - 1537 S Kings Hwy., Myrtle Beach
413 Accord St., Myrtle Beach
154 Sea Turtle Dr., Myrtle Beach
383 Stafford Dr., Myrtle Beach
Copyright 2023 NCRMLS. All rights reserved. North Carolina Regional Multiple Listing Service, (NCRMLS), provides content displayed here (“provided content”) on an “as is” basis and makes no representations or warranties regarding the provided content, including, but not limited to those of non-infringement, timeliness, accuracy, or completeness. Individuals and companies using information presented are responsible for verification and validation of information they utilize and present to their customers and clients. NCRMLS will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from use of the provided content or the products available through Portals, IDX, VOW, and/or Syndication. Recipients of this information shall not resell, redistribute, reproduce, modify, or otherwise copy any portion thereof without the expressed written consent of NCRMLS.
Provided courtesy of The Coastal Carolinas Association of REALTORS®. Information Deemed Reliable but Not Guaranteed. Copyright 2023 of the Coastal Carolinas Association of REALTORS® MLS. All rights reserved. Information is provided exclusively for consumers’ personal, non-commercial use, that it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.